[mou] Black throated blue warbler

Larry Sirvio lmsirvio at comcast.net
Wed May 16 18:13:34 EDT 2007

I uploaded a pic of the black throated blue warbler to the MOU website.
http://moumn.org/gallery/index.php?region=MN

It's not a great pic - too far away and really bad lighting. Tried video too
and that was worse.
Unfortunately the extraneous noise (stone cutters, dogs, etc) made audio
recording conditions worse than the photo conditions.
The bird was seen on the south side of Wood Lake Nature Center. Enter back
gate on Bryant Avenue. The bird is hanging out about 100 yards inside the
gate. Take the left trail when you enter the gate and listen. He calls
frequently. When I recorded the video he was singing a different song from
the one I heard most of the time I was there.