[mou] Black-throated Blue Warbler at Wood Lake Nature Center, Richfield

cjsteiny at comcast.net cjsteiny at comcast.net
Wed May 16 19:33:44 EDT 2007

I was delighted to finally see a Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Like Linda, that bird had been a quest of mine for a couple of seasons.  Glad that I don't have to trek all the way up to Tettegouche State Park again to try to see one.  Arrived at the back gate of Wood Lake Nature Center at the same time as Larry Sirvio.  Alng with a couple from Garrison, MN, we heard and then saw the BTBW at 1:15 pm - within 15 minutes of our arrival at the park.  I birded the rest of the Nature Center, then returned at 3:15 and relocated the BTBW.  Again, he came down low to be seen, this time over the fence, just outside the boundary of the Nature Center but in the same area that Linda and Craig and Mark have described previously.  If you haven't seen one, take advantage of having one in the Twin Cities while he's still here.  He seems to sing almost nonstop throughout the day!

Cheri Steinmueller
Little Canada, MN