[mou] Big Stone and Lac Qui Parle Counties

Nathan Schirmacher natester166 at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 23:08:23 EDT 2007

Today Mark Junghans, Bill Unzen (excellent trip leader), my Dad and I went birding around the counties previously mentioned. These were some of the highlights:*Ferruginous Hawk*American Avocets (12)*Hudsonian Godwits (13)*Red-necked Phalaropes (6)*Clark's Grebe (Lake Thielke)*Greater Prairie Chickens & Sharp-tailed Grouse*20 species of shorebirds on the day.Even with the high winds (and few passerines) there were 100 species on the day. If you have any questions on places please feel free to ask.Nathan SchirmacherMille Lacs County