[mou] Late Post- Louisiana Waterthrush - Renville County

Joel Claus jclaus13 at msn.com
Wed May 16 23:10:41 EDT 2007

This past Saturday I found a Louisiana Waterthrush at Beaver Falls County
Park in Renville county.  The bird was along the creek between the bridge on
Cty 2 and the picnic area in the park.  I had a nice look from a distance of
about thirty yards as it walked along the far bank for a minute or so before
it flew off. The bird had a prominent white supercilium that definitely
widened behind the eye.  There was no hint of yellow wash on the underside
except for patch of light cinamon brown on the rear flank.  My view was from
the side and I  did not get a real good look at the throat. I believe two
birds were present judging from the call notes but the first one flew off
too quick for me to get a good look.

Sorry for the late post, I've been away from my computer for a few days.