[mou] Bell's Vireo ~ Le Sueur Co.

Conny Brunell connybrunell at earthlink.net
Sun May 20 20:41:27 CDT 2007

This afternoon while birding in Kasota  Prairie in Le Sueur County Susan Schumacher and I found a Bell's Vireo singing vigorously at 3:00 pm.  We heard the bird singing from the UNIMIN Prairie parking lot on the north side of the road for the 30 minutes we were there.  Kasota Prairie is south and west of Kasota.  From US highway 169 in St. Peter in Nicollet County we took MN 99 East over the bridge and followed Le Sueur CR 102 South, CR 21 South (S. Ridgely St.) through the town of Kasota until reaching Kasota TWP 140.  Turn West on TWP 140 and follow it for 1.7 miles until you see the Prairie parking lot.  There is a very large boulder with Kasota Prairie chiseled into it that you can't miss.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty.