[mou] Eurasian Collared Dove

Forest & Kirsten Strnad carowren at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 15:20:08 CDT 2007

reetings:

Kirsten and I drove to Ellendale, Mn in southern Steele County, this morning to look for the dove.  Ellendale is west of I-35 on Highway 30.  We crossed the railroad tracks in town and turned north, just west of the tracks.  This is west of the elevator. The EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE was feeding on the ground and in the grass.

  We were about 150 feet from the dove.  We could see how light colored t was compared with the Mourning Dove.  We saw the b lack crescent on the back of its neck and the broad tail, rounded, and white at the end.

  Forest Strnad
  Faribault, MN.