[mou] RFI - Scope purchase advice

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 15:44:54 CDT 2007

I am planning on purchasing a scope soon.  I am working with a modest price
range, but I may have found a decent one.  Wild Birds Unlimited carries the
Raven by Eagle Optics ($369).  This 20-60x scope has a 78mm objective lens.
The tripod I inquired about is the Pro GT Tripod ($129).  I looked at some
sparrows out the window with the scope and was generally satisfied, but I
could possibly have different results scanning ducks on Winnibigoshish.

I understand that ideally one would want to spent much more on a scope, but
does anyone have experience to comment on this scope/tripod?  Is there a a
better option in this price range?  I'm a little apprehensive about trying
to find a used one online (eBay, etc.) since I can't actually try the thing
out.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Shawn Conrad
http://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/