[mou] Big Stone Y-b Chat

Kelly northernflights at charter.net
Wed May 30 11:28:25 CDT 2007

Just returned from SW MN Birding Weekend in Luverne/Pipestone. My first
MNBW, had a great time and saw lots of good birds - Thank you Kim and
Craig! Took and extra day to bird Big Stone county on Tuesday before
heading back to Bemidji.

At Big Stone NWR along the Prairie Auto Tour route I heard and then
spotted two Yellow-breasted Chat. Both where located at the restroom
and parking lot facility in the interior of the route. One bird was
directly behind the restroom in an overgrown, shrubby patch of woods.
The second was across the road from the parking lot to the west in the
flooded woodland tangle.

Kelly Larson
Bemidji, MN