[mou] Spooked LEOW

Terence Brashear birdnird at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 19:42:19 CST 2007

It appears someone got too close to the Long-eared Owl at the MAC park in Crystal this morning. I heard that people looking for it around 11AM could not find it.  I was with 3 other people that found it in a different location around 9AM and we were kind enough to let people know the location - it was not easy to find.  I left at 10AM and it was still sitting calmly in the area we found it.

Whomever spooked this bird, and you know who you are,  you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I only hope it returns and can be seen by more people.

Please use common sense when you approach birds.

Regards,

Terry Brashear
Hennepin County, MN
http://www.naturepixels.com