[mou] Odd Warbler Refound

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 11:51:45 EDT 2007

Thanks for the pics, Jason. I, myself, am thinking its a Tennesee because:

1) White undertail coverts--or is this another "albino" spot?

Both nonbreeding adult TN's and young Nashvilles have the light yellow wash on chin and belly/breast. The pale pink legs and darker pink bill is another thing that makes this bird unique, since no Vermivora warblers have this trait (see pic 1 to see the classic probing posture). Certainly an odd duck, er, warbler...

Alyssa DeRubeis