[mou] OWL VS. OSPREY

Pete Wuebker pwuebker at wildlifeforever.org
Fri Apr 4 06:43:59 CDT 2008

It was an interesting Saturday when I went out to the GHO nest to take
some photographs.

The one adult that appeared to be around flew off just as I got to the
top of the hill. I set up and waited about 40 minutes and finally did
spy him far off in a tree. All though too far for a good shot, I had
nothing else going so I turned to shoot.

Just as I did, an osprey (?) flew in to attack the owl. The owl flew out
of the tree and then out of no where his/her mate showed up to help.
When it was two on one, the osprey decided to leave but not before a fly
by or two of the owl nest. That got the owls really upset. The owls then
sat near the nest for some time until they were sure the osprey was
gone. With lots of hooting.

The images of the battle are a little blurry but I thought folks might
enjoy them. And you can see several photographs of the owls standing
guard. You'll need to go to my web site. Once you enter, go to the
RAPTORS GALLERY. The battle images are the first two listed. I will
delete them at the end of next week.

WEB ADDRESS: http://photographyontheweb.ifp3.com
<http://photographyontheweb.ifp3.com> /

PETER WUEBKER

pjwuebker at hughes.net
<http://mail.hughes.net/cp/ps/Mail/ViewMsgController?d=hughes.net&u=pjwu
ebker&an=DefaultMailAccount&t=d13d1&fp=Sent%20Messages&uid=1067##>

http://photographyontheweb.ifp3.com/

www.wildlifeforever.org <http://www.wildlifeforever.org/>

PETE WUEBKER

DIRECTOR OF MARKETING