[mou] Purgatory Creek, Eden Prairie-Pine Warbler, House Wren

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:34:15 CDT 2008

Spent a quick hour around Purgatory Creek.  Didn't spend much time around the blind, though.   Steve mentioned the 2 Common Terns.   Besides those, there were also two Forster's Terns flying and calling over the wetlands.  Along the trail just west of the creek as it runs out of the wetland towards Staring Lake, there was a Pine Warbler foraging.  I saw it both as I walked towards the blind and returned from it.  Also in the area closer to the creek there were: Brown Thrasher, House Wren, Lincoln's Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Song Sparrow, Field Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow, Goldfinches, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and Hermit Thrush.  There were more Ruby-crowned Kinglets in the area than I have seen all spring.

John