[mou] Cedar Waxwing Courtship dance..

Andrew.Longtin at sungard.com Andrew.Longtin at sungard.com
Wed Apr 23 07:22:33 CDT 2008

So last night I got home from work and pulled out the lawn chair and sat
in the driveway watching for hawks and other migrants..  While watching
I had about 20 Cedar Waxwings fly in and land in my tree, after about 15
minutes of them and I whistling back and forth at each other two of them
flew over to the neighbors tree. I noticed that one flew up to the
branch with the other and had what I'm guessing was a berry of some sort
in its beak.  Then for about 5 minutes the they proceeded to hand off
the berry to one another and when they did the bird taking the berry
would sidestep away from the other bird and then quickly step back and
hand the berry back to the other bird, they did this very quickly non
stop for the duration..

I know I've seen tons of Male Cardinals feed females when courting but
this is the first time I've seen something get handed back and forth
repeatedly by small birds...

Wish I had a digital video camera to record that one. Would have been
cool to put up on the MOU video section for reference..

--
Andrew Longtin
Corcoran (Hennepin Co.) Minnesota

BirderGuy at comcast.net

See My WEB pages at: www.birderguy.com <http://www.birderguy.com/>

NO SPAM NEEDED HERE PLEASE!!!!!

Support a Soldier:
  http://www.operationminnesotanice.com/contact.html

--
Andrew Longtin * Senior Technical Support Rep * SunGard * InTrader * 601
Second Avenue South, Hopkins, MN 55343-7671

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.