[mou] Wilkie Unit MVNWR/Blue Lake Sewage Treatment Plant - 2/5/2008

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Wed Feb 6 14:11:38 CST 2008

Hi all,

Have had a dozen or so emails about access to the sewage ponds and here is what you need to no.

There is no access into the sewage ponds.  But you can look from there back fence into the ponds.

There are no restrictions that I am aware of to look though the back fence into the Sewage treatment plant.  But note that this portion of the unit will be closed from March 1st to August 31st.  So if you plan to so please do so before March 1st.  There are lots of signs that will alert to this as you hike the unit.

I park in the new parking lot, East of the plant.  And walk through the back side of the pine grove, on a refuge trail.  Note the pine grove is closed to visitors and clearly signed that way.  Then I head North and West to the back side of the plant and South side of Blue Lake.

So again note!!!!  You can not actually get into the sewage plant as you could years ago.  But there seems to be no issue, looking through there fence.

Good birding, Craig

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Mn
EgretCMan at msn.com<mailto:EgretCMan at msn.com>