[mou] Wounded White-tailed Deer - Scott County

bgraves at usfamily.net bgraves at usfamily.net
Thu Feb 7 22:37:04 CST 2008

Mary and I found this deer around 4pm today on Murphy Blvd (I believe it's Savage). What was obvious at first was it's size. Way too small for this time of year. As it left Mary mentioned that it didn't look like it was walking quite right. Closer examination of some of the pictures shows a serious wound on the left rear leg. It's tail is also in bad shape. There is a matching wound on the right rear leg, although not as serious. The wounds appear to be somewhat fresh.My first thought is a predator must have attacked. But it is so small how could it have got away. It doesn't seem like barbed wire to me because of the tail wound. Any thoughts?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/buzz_graves/MOU/White-tailedDeer24_MurphyLakeBlvd.jpg

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---