[mou] Northome to Sax Zim run

Milton Blomberg mjbflwrmt at msn.com
Sat Feb 9 19:49:09 CST 2008

Sat. Feb 9,  Frank Gosiak and I traveled to his former stomping grounds in Northome (Koochiching County) to check on his property and to turn into a
birding trip. Starting in Little Falls w/ 19F, 6F by the time we reach Bemidji.  Birds of note though a tough day for them:  Northern Shrike(2) N of
Bemidji; Bohemian Waxwings (~200) in the town of Blackduck (look for the many crabapples in this town near the apartments), and one seen in
Northome.  A couple of great feeders in the Lost Forty area of roads interweaving between Koochiching/Itasca line, Hoary and Common Redpolls,
Evening Grosbeaks, Pine Grosbeaks, Goldfinches.  No fortunes along CR107 and Hwy 73 route to Chisholm. Frank couldn't find his Boreal
Chickadee in Sax Zim or me the Magpies.  Temp now down to 2F, here in Duluth -7 and dropping for the night.  We will still bird Duluth area
tomorrow since we are here.  Advise welcome regarding the gulls and etc.  Thank you.  Sincerely, Milt Blomberg