[mou] more on Median Arrival Dates

Watson, Alexander Robert alexander.watson at mnsu.edu
Thu Feb 14 08:24:12 CST 2008

Chuck,

In my spare time I am working on a draft from dates in the loon as per Paul Hertzels suggestion.  I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet.  I hope to have the spring arrival dates done before major passerine movements start in April-May.  I'm going to start with Warblers, then Sparrows, then Ducks, then other passerines and Shorebirds.  I'm planning on only going back 10 years, this is what MORC uses for assigning casual and regular status and will save me a little time.  I don't know how useful the dates will be, but I do know it will be fun to have.  If you would like to help, I can send a blank spreadsheet and once a standard form is agreed upon, we can fill in dates and crunch the numbers.

I would like to add that I would never have had interest in any thing like this had a friend not pointed me to the MOU web site about 5 years ago.  It is truly amazing what the organization has built.  I consider myself very lucky to live here in Minnesota!!

Alex