[mou] Poetry about Birds and Birding

Warren Woessner WWoessner at slwip.com
Mon Feb 18 10:19:21 CST 2008

I wanted to let you know that a collection of my poetry: "Clear All the
Rest of the Way - New and Selected Poems 1987-2007" has been published
by The Backwaters Press in Omaha. It can be ordered at amazon.com or
from their website thebackwaterspress.homestead.com. Some of the poems
like "Cordell Banks" have appeared in the various incarnations of
Minnesota Birding over the years. Not all the poems are about birds and
birding, most are "poems of place" and often the place is a birding
hotspot (or a spot that once was). Please don't consider this to be too
much of an ad for a "product" - small press poetry and fiction is not
anyone's profit center, as I know quite a few of you know.

CEDAR WAXWINGS

Their thin, soft calls almost purr.
They quiet me
and take me with them
as they disperse and regroup,
moving along the edge
of the trail.
Then at once they lift up,
are gone, and I'm on
my own walk again.

Good birding,
Warren Woessner

This electronic transmission contains information which is confidential
and/or privileged. The information is intended for use only by the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient
(or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this information to
the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
notify me immediately by telephone at  612-373-6900 or by electronic
mail and delete all copies of the transmission. Thank you.

Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner P.A.

1600 TCF Tower, 121 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402

Telephone: (612) 373-6900  Fax: (612) 339-3061  Web site: www.slwip.com