[mou] Sax Zim Festival of Birds

jeff fischer tiercel63 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 18:41:58 CST 2008

I just returned from the Sax Zim Festival of Birds and I would like to congratulate Mike Hendrickson on a job well done. I think that the festival was a huge success. There were around 150 participants from all over the country who came to see Minnesota’s assortment of northern winter birds, and even though this was not an owl irruption year I think that everyone who participated should have went home very happy. I know that I did.

During the 3 day convention I took pictures of common and hoary red polls, pine and evening grosbeak, black capped and boreal chickadee, black-backed and three toed woodpeckers, rough grouse, bald eagle, black-billed magpie, northern shrike and northern hawk owl. I will begin posting that I took over the next day or two.

Mike is already planning a more extensive festival for next year and I am already planning to register. If you like these rare northern visitors then you should plan on attending too, especially since we are about due for another owl irruption/invasion.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer
http://ecobirder.blogspot.com/