[mou] dream birding trip

Fagyal, Chris E (US SSA) christopher.e.fagyal at baesystems.com
Tue Feb 26 14:26:53 CST 2008

Well since I've been to Costa Rica (twice), Ecuador (4 times) and Brazil
(once), I guess my dream birding trips are a bit farther afield as
Panama and Costa Rica hold relatively few life birds.  Probably the top
three are Borneo, Thailand and Papua New Guinea.  Borneo for the
Whitehead's Trio (Spiderhunter, Broadbill - probably the most electric
green bird on the planet, Trogon) and all of the endemics and the
Pittas!  Thailand for more Pitta's (especially the unbelievable Gurney's
Pitta), and Papua New Guinea/Irian Jaya for the Birds of Paradise and
the rest of the absolutely mind-blowing and bizarre endemics, such as
Bowerbirds, Berrypeckers, Flowerpeckers, Monarchs, etc that can be
generally seen nowhere else on the planet.

I guess those would be amongst my top 3 destinations...

Costa Rica is a great introduction to tropical birding, as is
Panama...but I don't suppose after having been to Costa Rica I'd call it
a "dream birding trip" anymore :-)

Chris Fagyal

   Senior Software Engineer

   BAE Systems - Armament Systems