[mou] duluth sites?

chris brochu chris-brochu at Uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 28 08:53:45 CST 2008

Ladies and Gents,

For various reasons, I feel a strong need to get the you-know-what
out of town for a day, and I'd like to do some birding where I've
never birded before.  THe area around Duluth is (a) far enough away
from here that I might see something I wouldn't normally see here and
(b) close enough that I could conceivably drive up there tomorrow
afternoon, do some birding on Saturday, and get back home before too
long.

Here's what may be an ignorant question - would some of the birds
listed on the Duluth RBA for last week still be in the area this
weekend?  We're getting close to the winter-spring cusp, so some of
the more boreal species might start migrating out.   I would love to
falsify my hypothesis that the Bohemian waxwing is a mythical beast.

Also - is Sax-Zim a good place to visit?

chris

--
_____________________

Christopher A. Brochu