[mou] missing hawk

Virginia Lindgren rahona at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 12:28:34 CST 2008

I don't know who to report this to, but I saw a smallish hawk with jesses
attached flying free over my work at the Minnesota Zoo about 15 minutes
ago.  I didn't get a good look, but it was about the size of a cooper's
hawk, and I saw it soaring over a parking lot before going out of sight.  I
checked with the folks here, and all the birds from our bird show are
accounted for.  I was in the back area of the zoo, just off Johnny Cake
Ridge Road, and south of Cliff Road.

I sent this message to the Raptor Center as well.

Sorry to post this here if it's not appropriate, but I figured that if
there's anyone else I should contact, you folks would know. With the
trailing jesses, I don't know that the hawk will make it long without being
entangled in something.

Best wishes,
Virginia Lindgren