[mou] Willow Flycatchers

Jason Caddy j.caddy at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:06:35 CDT 2008

Thank you for all of your quick responses about my question of flycatcher ID. The consensus is definitely towards Willow Flycatchers around the blind at Purgatory Creek. I forgot to mention that they kept returning to the surrounding willow trees to feed young. They kept coming out in the open for perfect views. I really don't think they were Least Flycatchers because of their markings and I didn't think Alders were very common in this area (although I did see them earlier at Hanrehan). I was pretty sure they were Willow Flycatchers but I still have some problems with IDing some of the trickier Empids. I was just out west and saw what could have been Dusky or Hammonds Flycatchers at 5,500 ft. in NE Oregon. They were in shrubs just up from a mountain stream. Both of these birds would have been lifers, but alas they didn't call.

Thanks again,

Jason Caddy
S. Minneapolis
j.caddy at hotmail.com