[mou] Northeast Minneapolis

Karen Kraco karenkraco at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 09:52:10 CDT 2008

early morning walk at Boom Island in Minneapolis (Plymouth Ave. and the river)
the highlights, almost all of which were all viewed from one spot on a path that runs along the houses on the east side of the river:
eastern towhee
a pair of brown thrashers
an empidonax flycatcher
many palm warblers
many yellow-rumps
one orange-crowned warbler
one common yellowthroat
ruby-crowned kinglet
chipping, song, and white-throated sparrows
I also heard in the prairie-ish area but did not see what I think was one of the buzzy sparrows - I'm almost positive it was a clay-colored sparrow - three low raspy buzzes - what else might I be confusing it with? I'd welcome a more experienced birder setting me straight.
happy birding,
Karen Kraco
N.E. Minneapolis