[mou] Sherburne Trip 5/17

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Mon May 5 09:45:15 CDT 2008

The fourth annual MOU Sherburne Refuge trip is Saturday, May 17th at 7:00.

Please meet at Mahnomen Trail parking lot.  Take 169 north to Sherburne CR
9, 9 west into the refuge, the trail will be on your left (perhaps a mile
from the refuge sign).

We will (probably) cover Mahnomen Trail, Blue Hill Trail and the Auto Tour
in the morning - break for lunch - then decide on locations for the optional
afternoon portion (could be local ponds for shorebirds, or alternate roads
for morning "misses" - one year we traveled north to Kathio State Park &
Mille Lacs Lake for migrating warblers & shorebirds).

Bring good walking shoes, boots if recent rain.  Mornings can be cool.  Feel
free to call me on my cell (763-257-9121) if inclement weather threatens the
trip.

25 people are currently registered, which is our normal maximum.  If you've
registered and cannot make it, please advise as soon as possible - so that
we can contact those on the waiting list.  If you would like to come but
have not registered, drop me a note and I will add you to the waiting list -
since a few registrants do tend to have schedule changes.

Our day list has run from 80-106 species - including Lark & Grasshopper
Sparrows (among ten species, sometimes a Henslow's) - Golden-winged and
Blue-winged Warblers (occasionally a Hooded will slip in with the 9-10
regulars) - Scarlet Tanagers & Indigo Buntings - Ruffed Grouse - etc.
Please let me know if you have a target species in mind, we'll keep our eyes
open for you.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN