[mou] Boom Island warblers

Karen Kraco karenkraco at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 10:24:06 CDT 2008

Colorful morning at Boom Island park in Minneapolis.  At one point there was a Baltimore oriole high in a tree and lower down a couple of redstarts, and a Blackburnian warbler. Redstarts were FOY for me, as was a lone Tennessee warbler, which I've never seen in this neighborhood before.
Warblers, all seen from the bridge to Nicollet Island:
the ubiquitous yellow rumps
yellow warbler, singing lustily
common yellowthroats -half dozen or so
northern waterthrush
a number of redstarts
Blackburnian
Tennessee
black-and-whites
'
others of note
tree swallows
barn swallows
phoebe
least? flycatcher
baltimore oriole

usual pair of brown thrashers along fence on northeast side of park

several catbirds (unless one was following me around)