[mou] Great Gray Owl - Sax Zim

Dawn Trexel dawntrex at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 14:33:45 CDT 2008

I had a similar experience in Sax Zim as Shawn did yesterday (Sunday).  We were planting cedar trees at the hunting cabin and things were pretty dead until the sun came out in the early evening and the woods came alive!  In addition to many of the species Shawn saw, I also saw several palm warblers and nashville warblers.   But the big highlight was seeing a great gray owl right next to the road.  I think the road sign says Kelsey-Fraser Rd (dead end road south off of 29, we've always called it Durwoods Rd).
Dawn