[mou] Scarlet Tanager

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Tue May 13 18:16:45 CDT 2008

I am sitting looking out my home office window at a steady stream of
warbler - redstarts, a Chestnut-sided, a Wilson's along with the Great
Crested Flycatcher and peewees and phoebes and such when right on the
tree I can touch when I open my window - a Scarlet Tanager lands!  I
almost had an accident.  I could not find my voice and managed to
click off a few pics which didn't even frame the bird.  I have been
struck by beauty before but this almost landed a knock out punch.
Wow!  I will never forget that - never!  It was like it was almost in
my home!

Sweeeeeeet!

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.