[mou] Western Kingbird and Cerulean Warbler, Sibley County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Wed May 14 13:50:00 CDT 2008

This morning Bill Marengo found a Western Kingbird along the Sand
Prairie Road south of Henderson in Sibley County. As of 12:30, when I
saw the bird, it was perched on a telephone wire alongside an Eastern
Kingbird. From Hwy. 169, go north on Hwy. 19 toward Henderson. Before
the town, turn sharp left onto 316th St. Follow 316th up the hill and
past some farm houses. After a mile or so you will see Sand Prairie
Road to your south (left). Follow Sand Prairie Road as it bends west
once and then a second time...the area where the bird was found was
after this second bend. Look for Eastern Kingbirds.

Also, this morning at Rush River Park, I found a singing Cerulean
Warbler near the campgrounds. Follow the main park road into the
campground area (past the flagpole) to the first parking area...the
bird was singing high in the cottonwoods west of the lot. Also in this
same vicinity were a Mourning Warbler, Northern Parula, and
Philadelphia Vireo.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County