[mou] Dakota Cty: Thompson Park Warblers, etc.

James Ryan muchmoredoc at gmail.com
Wed May 14 21:01:46 CDT 2008

Thanks everyone all for the postings today.  You prompted me to carve out
some time on this glorious day to 'catch the wave' of warblers too.

In my Ramsey Cty backyard I got great looks at *Magnolia* (FOYa - first of
YARD!) & Nashville warbler and *Swainson's* Thrush

I needed more so after dinner I visited the local park - Thompson, about 2
miles away.  In about 90 minutes, I saw:

*Magnolia Warbler* - FOY - lots of them!
*Wilson's Warbler* - FOY - male & female
*Chestnut-sided Warbler* - FOY - several - good looks
*Am. Redstart *- FOY - quite a few
Palm
Yellow
Yellow-rumped
Black & White
Nashville
Tennessee

Other goodies tonight: All FOY
*Swainson's Thrush*
*Rose-breasted Grosbeak* - male silently feeding in treetop
*Indigo Bunting* - male singing away
*Catbird*

Best usual suspect:
Cooper's Hawk - flyby

--
Sincerely,

James Ryan
651-308-0234 business cell

--
Your life is what your thoughts make it. - Marcus Aurelius

As long as you live, keep learning how to live. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca