[mou] 2 White-faced Ibis, Big Stone NWR

Joshua Christian greatgray at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 21:33:01 CDT 2008

While birding Big Stone NWR today, I flushed two White-faced Ibis from the ditch along the duck-banding road.  They didn't fly too far before touching down in a thicker patch of reeds where I lost sight of them.  Although the high winds made birding tricky (I saw an American Bittern fly backwards for about 30 ft), I also found 12 species of shorebirds, the highlights being Black-bellied Plover, Ruddy Turnstone, Baird's Sandpiper, and White-rumped Sandpiper.

Good birding,
Josh Christian