[mou] Strange Misses

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Tue May 20 14:21:15 CDT 2008

Sometimes the birds we don't see during migration can be as interesting as
those we do.

This year (to date) it's the Ruby-throated Hummingbird - a commoner here.

It's not that they're not back - the area MOU trip had one Saturday (I was
looking elsewhere) - my son Nathan has seen multiple - they've been reported
by others in the area.  It's not that I'm not in the field enough - walk 5-6
days per week before work - and just enjoyed a four day birding vacation
that touched eleven counties.

It's just one of those things, could change while sitting here in my office
this afternoon.

What commoners have you missed?

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN