[mou] addendum to YTWA

linda whyte linda at moosewoods.us
Sun May 25 18:30:24 CDT 2008

I've just had a report from Diana Doyle that the YTWA reported by me
earlier this afternoon at Rachel Lilly Nature Preserve has not been
re-found as of right now, despite her hour-long search plus some
looking by Derek Bakken and others. Thanks to all of you who searched;
I'm hoping the bird stays around for someone else to spot, despite or
because of, current weather conditions.

At the time we were there, the general area was somewhat birdy, which
was apparently not the case later. In the wooded areas we saw: common
yellow-throat (many), house wrens (several), chestnut-sided warbler,
yellow warbler, olive-sided flycatcher (2), empids (4),
yellow-throated vireo (2), blue-headed vireo, red-eyed vireo, indigo
bunting (2), oriole, catbird (2), and more of the usual residents.
There was additional variety in the fields and wetlands elsewhere on
the preserve. In any case, we learned of a good area for birding,
close to home, that we hope to visit often.

Thanks in advance to anyone else who checks for the YTWA.
Linda Whyte