[mou] Steele County Hwy 45 White-faced Ibis - and Hudsonian Godwit & more

Bob Ekblad ekblad at frontiernet.net
Sun May 25 19:00:11 CDT 2008

Diane and I went over to Steele County to see the White-faced Ibis that was
previously reported by Al Batt and the Vails (thanks for posting the info).
We easily found the ibis at the south end of the marsh where we were able to
get excellent looks at it as it walked along the open shoreline.  It is a
very nicely plumaged bird - very striking.

We also found an excellent shorebird location in a flooded field just south
of the marsh on a dead end road (to the east off of Hwy 45).  There was one
Hudsonian Godwit there along with many Wilson's Phalaropes, Semi-palmated
Plovers and Semi-palmated Sandpipers, some Baird's, White-rumped and Spotted
Sandpipers and also a Lesser Yellowlegs.  The flooded field was quite close
to the road so we were provided with great views of the shorebirds.

Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in Southeast Minnesota
ekblad at frontiernet.net
http://www.Birding-Minnesota.com