[mou] Birding northern Itasca County

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Sat May 31 17:01:55 CDT 2008

I wanted to take my son hiking at Scenic and a few other areas as well as do a little birding before the mosquitos got too bad.  We played catch in a field in Bigfork, relaxed by a lake, and weren't really birding too hard, but we still had 86 species.  Some of the highlights were: Scenic SP, spruce bog portion of fire tower trail - looks at a singing Connecticut Warbler, 3 Yellow-bellied Flycatchers, 1 Olive-sided Flycatcher Black-billed Magpies on Priem Road and 31 Black Terns (many) at White Oak Connecticut Warbler singing in the black spruce bog on 29 between Wirt and Dora Lake Trumpeter Swans at Dishpan WMA and Eel LakeShawn Conradhttp://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/