[mou] Cass County Birds

B W wielandba at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 12:02:39 CDT 2008

Dale Yerger, Larry Olson, and I ran a birding route through Cass County yesterday, 5/25.  South winds were going, and the day was active and the weather unsettled.  The usual big day hits and misses occurred, with shorebirds particularly absent.  We found 152 species for the day, including:

Northern Mockingbird (near interesection of CR 41 and MN 87, near the Hubbard County line)
Orchard Oriole (1st year male on west side of Pine Mountain Lake)
22 warbler species, including migrant Blackpoll, Bay-breasted, and Wilson's
Black-billed Magpie (along CR 19 near CR 112)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (near Pillager along CR 36)

Ben Wieland

Ben Wieland
www.cassbirding.blogspot.com
Deep Portage Learning Center