[mou] Tufted Titmouse-Dakota Co

Stan & Molly Jo Miller-Johnson johnson-miller at msn.com
Wed Oct 29 12:31:23 CDT 2008

I've been waiting and watching.... finally a Tufted Titmouse showed up in my back yard today.

I was on the phone with my mom telling her I hadn't put out birdfeed for a while, so I better get to it on this nice sunny day.  Then I stood up and watched the yard and commented, "I'm not sure why there is so much activity right now.  The feeders are bare."  Then I started screaming, "There's a titmouse, there's a titmouse, there's a titmouse, ...."  I basically hung up on Mom and went to watch (sorry Mom).

People, keep your feeders full!  I have never let them go empty before while I was still here (while on vacation, yes).  The titmouse left after just that short stop at our sunflower feeder.  Drat!  Here's hoping that it will change its mind and do a circle-back to see if anything has changed.  Drat.  Otherwise, it headed east out of our yard.  Drat.

Molly Jo Miller
Inver Grove Hts, Dakota Co.