[mou] odd shorebird thoughts

dan&erika danerika at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:25:39 CDT 2008

Hi All--

I really appreciated all the help you folks gave me on my odd shorebird
question.  It was like being in the field with a whole bunch of experts.
Pretty neat, if you ask me, especially the photographs and websites that
were shared with me.  I am still not convinced of the bird's identity.  The
breast blotching and belly color are more like a Reeve.  Ditto with the
color at the base of the bill--not yellow but a reddish-pink color.  The
bill shape, however, seems more consistent with a Pectoral Sandpiper.  My
conclusion is that it is, in fact, a Pectoral, but I still have lingering
doubts flitting in the back of my mind.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota
danerika at gmail.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau