[mou] Odd goose, american pipits, and others at Minnesota Point/Duluth....

SCmzd at aol.com SCmzd at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 15:38:10 CDT 2008

9/8/08:   Stopped by the soccer field by the airport at Minnesota  Point this
AM.  Saw two american pipits on the field.  Saw a group of  five american
golden plovers come in quite low and circle the entire soccer  field three times
without landing, so close to landing, but then...... no.   I also
counted/saw/heard/ at least five other individual american golden plovers  fly over the
field over the course of one hour.  There is an odd looking  goose mingled in
with the crowds of candian geese at the point.  I would  like some help with id
and will send a picture to anyone willing.  I think  it could be an immature
greater white fronted goose, but I have quite limited  experience with this
species and would like to say for sure.  There was  also sporadic mixed flocks of
warblers/sparrows moving along tree/brush line  that runs parallel to the
bayside of the lake and the road by the soccer  field.
Thankyou in advance for any help/interest in identifying the goose, email  me
and I will send the photo.
Shawn Zierman.,