[mou] Lark Sparrow & Black-bellied Plover, Grand Marais

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:08:46 CDT 2008

Though I've been up the shore for other reasons, I have noticed a few good birds.

This morning, there were quite a few Horned Grebes in various locations on the lake between Grand Marais and Grand Portage.  There was a Lark Sparrow among the lumber at the ACE store east of town and a Black-bellied Plover at the harbor parking lot.  Grand Marais seems pretty birdy, I wish I had time to spend there.  Several Sharp-shinned Hawks migrating along the shore today.

Grand Portage, on the other hand, was pretty dull for birds.  A Redhead, 2 Merlins, and a handfull of common ducks at the sewage ponds and not much else to report.Shawn Conradhttp://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/