[mou] Global Warming Symposium

Clay Christensen clay.christensen at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 10:01:09 CDT 2008

You're invited to attend Audubon's Second Metro Area Global Warming Symposium---"Climate Change in Minnesota: What Can You Do?" on Saturday, September 27th.

9:00 a.m. to Noon, Saturday, September 27, 2008
St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church
60 Kent St., St. Paul

Join Audubon members and friends for an informative morning learning what efforts and programs the City of St. Paul and the City of Minneapolis are implementing to address climate change, how global warming will alter Minnesota’s climate, and what small changes you can make to reduce your own carbon output.

With global climate change already showing profound effects on our planet and its wildlife, here’s your opportunity to discuss what we can do here in Minnesota about our warming world. The symposium is free and open to the public.

9:00 a.m.         Coffee and scones
9:30                 Dr. Mark Peterson, Executive Director, Audubon Minnesota
Welcoming Remarks
9:35                 Dr. Jeff Corney, Associate Director, Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, University of Minnesota
Current Climate Model Predictions – What’s in it for Minnesota?
10:10               Gayle Prest, Sustainability Manager, City of Minneapolis
Sustainability Initiatives in Minneapolis
10:50               Anne Hunt, Environmental Policy Director, City of St. Paul
Creating a Sustainable St. Paul
11:25               John Farrell, Research Associate, Institute for Local Self-Reliance
Living Lightly by Living Locally

Sponsored by Audubon Minnesota, the St. Paul Audubon Society, the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter, the Audubon Chapter of Minneapolis and the Episcopal Parish of St. John the Evangelist.

For more information, contact Susan Solterman at 651-260-7040 or Val Cunningham at valwrites at comcast.net.