[mou] Where are the robins?

John Lundy lundyj at cpinternet.com
Thu Sep 11 16:17:38 CDT 2008

Friends,
I write an occasional blog for the Duluth News Tribune called The
Wannabe Birder, the title indicating both my enthusiasm and lack of
expertise.
In recent days, we've been discussing the apparent absence of robins
in the Duluth area lately. Someone said he hadn't seen a robin since
August 10. Someone in Proctor said the mountain ashes on her property
are thick with berries, with no robins to eat them. I can't remember
the last time I saw a robin, but I'm sure it was several weeks ago,
at least.
Perhaps this is normal, and I just haven't paid attention before. But
the observations of other folks leads me to think it might be a
little out of the ordinary.
Can any of you real birders help me out with this question?
John Lundy
West Duluth