[mou] thanks for the advice to the visiting birder

ron bolton rr.bolton at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 15:25:08 CDT 2008

I'm the one from CO that posted for advice last week.
I was very pleased with the response and got some great help.
I ended up with an hour at the Wilke Unit of the NWR.
Though I did not find any northern midwest specialties that I was hoping for, still I had the best view of a Merlin that could be dreamed of!
It stayed perched on a branch just of the trail only about 15' above ground while I gawked.
It clearly was working up it's appetite and deciding if it wanted goldfinch or downy woodpecker for breakfast.
Of course in general I was gawking at all the swampy areas your state has.

If you're ever in CO, post to co-birds and I'm sure we will recipricate!