[mou] crex meadows fall birding event

Jim Williams two-jays at att.net
Fri Sep 19 11:19:04 CDT 2008

On Sunday, October 5, the Friends of Crex and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources will host the 26th annual Crex Meadows Wildlife Festival.  Crex Meadows, a 30,000 acre wildlife area, is home to 270 species of birds and many other kinds of wildlife.  The Festival coincides with the peak of fall migration when thousands of ducks, geese, and sandhill cranes are in the area.  Eagles, hawks, and wide variety of other wildlife can also be seen.

>From 10 am to 6 pm, Crex personnel will present various wildlife-related programs and demonstrations, and give guided tours of the wildlife area.  Guided tours are given at 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, and 5 pm.  Tour buses leave from the Crex Meadows Wildlife Education and Visitor Center located on the north side of Grantsburg on County Road D (just follow the yellow geese through town).  Tour participants will learn about the history and management of this unique wildlife area and can expect to see many kinds of birds and mammals.

This event is free and open to the public.  For more information, call 715-463-CREX(2739) or 2896 or visit our website: crexmeadows.org.

posted for Crex by Jim Williams, Wayzata