[mou] Birding in Rice County

Forest & Kirsten Strnad carowren at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 11:35:13 CDT 2008

Greetings from trhe FOREST along the Straight River:

Kirsten and I birded north and west of Faribault yesterday and found 18 species.  Still many American White Pelicans at Cody Lake- about 100.  We saw two migrating Broad-winged Hawks, our first this migration.  We saw only 5 Great Egrets whereas a couple od days ago we saw 20 some.  One Eastern Bluebird. Franklin Gulls and Ring-billed Gulls, 2 Shovelers, 2 D.C. Cormorants 2 Red-tailed hawks, one Eastern Phoebe, and one Great blue Heron.

Forest Strnad
Faribault, MN.