[mou] juncos & thank you

Jeff and Amy Drake jadrake at arvig.net
Fri Sep 26 17:45:40 CDT 2008

Thank you to all who responded to my query about the Merlins.  I appreciate the help.

On Wednesday (9/24) we had 3 yellow shafted flickers along our driveway.  I haven't seen any around here all summer.

We have our first juncos of the fall outside my window now.  They are accompanied by numerous gold finches, chickadees, & clay-colored sparrows.

There are 2 very small warblers of some kind here too but I can't ID them even though they are in a bush 6' from me & I'm using my 'up-close' binoculars.  They have no wing bars, have a conspicuous but thin whitish eyering, yellow throat & belly, greenish on the back, about kinglet size & have no eyebrow stripe.  Immature Nashville or Mourning warblers?

Amy Drake
Richville, MN
Ottertail county