[mou] Woodlake Nature Center, Hennepin Co.

connyb connyb@mycidco.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:20:23

This morning at Woodlake in Richfield the woods were filled with high tsee notes, and movement all around the park.  There were so many Fox Sparrows in groups that would flush out in front of me that I just didn't keep count.  The Golden-crowned Kinglet's were everywhere, and I saw a few males raising their orange/yellow crown patch.  Brown Creepers were spiraling around the tree trunks blending into the bark, poking that long bill in a mile a minute.  The Northern Flickers are back in the park.

Now that all the water is open, we have lost a lot of the mudflats.  The Wooducks are back in and out of the cattails, 5 Pied-billed Grebes, and a constant changing variety of ducks.  Today the sight of that handsome Male Rudy Duck in Breeding Plumage sporting that bright blue bill, deep cinnamon body, with his tail cocked up won first prize!

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com