[mou] Winona County birds

Jeff Dankert renohawk@hbci.com
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:52:43 -0600

Birded Saturday in Winona County from about 1030 a.m. to dusk and found:

-Horned grebe on Lake Winona.
-15 duck species, plus hundreds of coots, and abundant pied-billed
grebes.
-Two Sandhill cranes in Whitewater Wildlife Management Area.
-One woodcock flushed near Whitewater State Park center.
-One yellow-bellied sapsucker in deciduous wood hillside.
-One golden-crowned kinglet in red cedars.
-One chipping sparrow on roadside brown bluegrass.
-One western meadowlark singing from power line.

There were dozens of fox sparrows and hundreds of juncos in the brushy
field edges today. Anywhere near a stream or marsh, phoebes were
abundant.

Unusual, I think, that I didn't see one eastern bluebird today.

Regards,
Jeff Dankert
908 Parks Ave Apt 158
Winona MN 55987-5330