[mou] Morning Birding - Ross's Goose

Cheryl Fox cc.fox@minn.net
Sun, 06 Apr 2003 15:13:45 -0500

Hi,

We birded through some of Scott and Dakota county this AM.  We refound the
Ross's geese at the New Prague sewage ponds.  We saw 2 feeding on the west
bank.  Additional highlights were a Copper's hawk hunting in some spruce
for House Sparrows (Scott County), one first year Common Loon on Lake
Marion and a Bald Eagle's sitting on nest in the same location (new nest)
as last year off County 8 just west of County 23 in Scott county.

We saw a huge variety of ducks including all three mergansar species.

We found one very cold Eastern Phoebe looking for insects (vainly?) on the
edge of Pleasant lake in Scott County.

In all a great morning.

Cheri Fox