[mou] Orange-crowned Warbler/Clay-colored Sp. Dakota Co.

connyb connyb@mycidco.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:50:30

This morning Leslie Marcus, Susan Schumacher and I started birding at Woodlake Nature Ctr, in Hennepin Co.  We saw a Broad-winged Hawk, a pair of Cooper's Hawks carrying sticks, and a House Wren.

In Dakota Co on 140th St Marsh we saw Bank, Barn, and Tree Swallows, Greater Yellowlegs, Virginia Rails, Yellow-headed Blackbirds, and 6 Great Egrets.  In the hillside fields we heard the buzzy calls of the Clay-colored Sparrows, as well as Field, Chipping, and White-throated Sparrows.

At Lake Byllesby we saw 3 Dowitchers, 1 Orange-crowned Warbler, Brown Thrasher, Yellow-rumped Warblers, and Ruby-crowned Kinglets.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com